DR. JAIME S. SCHWARTZ
Jaime S. Schwartz MD, FACS, is board certified in plastic surgery, a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS), and a diplomate of the American Board of Plastic Surgery. Dr. Schwartz dedicates himself to creating policies aimed at enhancing safety and awareness for both patients and physicians. He is committed to promoting advances in medicine and serves on various American Society of Plastic Surgeons committees, including Health Policy, Patient Safety, Emerging Trends, Quality and Performance Measurement, and the Clinical Trials Network. He has also received national recognition with many ‘Physician’s Choice’ and ‘Compassionate Doctor’ awards.
After earning a bachelor degree in cellular and molecular biology from Tulane University, Dr. Schwartz went on to attend Georgetown University School of Medicine, where he remained to complete a six-year plastic surgery residency at Georgetown University Hospital. Dr. Schwartz then went on to further his expertise by completing a fellowship in advanced breast and body aesthetics at the internationally renowned Cleveland Clinic, where he held an appointment as a clinical instructor. During his tenure at Georgetown, Dr. Jaime S. Schwartz received many honors for his excellence in patient care, teaching, and professionalism. He won the ‘Caring-Star Award’ yearly (given by patients to the top-rated healthcare providers at Georgetown University Hospital), was given the highest teaching award as ‘Outstanding Resident Teacher’ for the Department of Plastic Surgery at Georgetown University Hospital, and he was also awarded a ‘Certificate of Professionalism’ from the Washington Hospital Center medical staff.
Dr. Jaime Schwartz served as the Chief of Plastic Surgery at Presbyterian Intercommunity Hospital (PIH) in Whittier, CA, where he performed over 300 surgeries a year with a heavy focus on breast and body aesthetics. Taking an active leadership role in patient care and safety, Dr. Schwartz served on numerous committees at Presbyterian Intercommunity Hospital, including Patient Safety, Patient Experience, Surgical Administration, and Research Oversight. In recognition of his “patient-first” ethics and hard work, he was awarded the highest-level Physician Excellence Award.
Specialties & Expertise
Dr. Jaime Schwartz has published significant literature in respected journals and textbooks and is an Aesthetic Editor for the Plastic Surgery Education Network. He has also served as a principal investigator for an FDA clinical trial aimed at correcting poorly healed scars.
Through his work with the cancer committee and breast cancer support groups, Dr. Schwartz helped develop a multidisciplinary team approach to caring for women with breast cancer. This specialized team provided women with information about breast cancer and their treatment options so they could better participate in their own care and decisions. Dr. Schwartz also served as the Co-Principle Investigator for PIH’s first national breast cancer registry that focused on nipple-sparing mastectomies.
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons-Leadership Development Committee, 2015-present: Member
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons-Breast Reconstruction Performance Measure Development Workgroup, 2014-present: Member
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons-PSEN Editorial Committee-Aesthetic Subcommittee, 2014-present: Member
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons-Public Education Committee, 2014-present: Member
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons-Research Development Committee, 2014-present: Member
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons-Clinical Trials Network Committee, 2013-Present: Member
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons-Quality and Performance Measurement Committee, 2013-Present: Member
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons-Patient Safety Committee, 2013-Present: Member
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons-ASPS/ASAPS Emerging Trends Committee, 2013-Present: Member
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons-Health Policy Committee, 2012-present: Member
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons-Breast Reconstruction with Tissue Expanders and Implant Workgroup, 2011-12: Member
- Presbyterian Intercommunity Hospital-Surgical Administration Committee, 2012-2014: Member
- Presbyterian Intercommunity Hospital-Cancer Committee, 2010-2014: Member
- Presbyterian Intercommunity Hospital-Research Oversight Committee, 2011-2014: Member
- Presbyterian Intercommunity Hospital-Patient Experience Committee, 2012-2014: Member
- Presbyterian Intercommunity Hospital-Patient Safety Committee, 2012-2014: Member
- Adjunct Plastic Surgical Procedures in the Lipedema Patient. Is there a medical necessity? Fat Disorders Research Society. Salt Lake City, UT, in the April, 2017
- LipoLift™. The Aesthetic Show. Las Vegas, NV. July 2017
- Botox for the Treatment of Vaginismus. The Aesthetic Show. Las Vegas, NV. July 2017
- LipoLift™. The Doctors Tv Show. March 22, 2017
- Cancer and Cosmetic Breast Reconstruction, Is There a Difference? Plastic and Cosmetic Surgery Conference. The Grand, Long Beach, CA November, 2014
- Current Trends in Aesthetic Surgery. Activate Whittier Television Recording. Whittier City Hall, Whittier, CA May, 2013
- Hospital Whittier, CA. Intercommunity⋅Skin Care and Aesthetic Services. Community Speaker Event, Presbyterian April, 2011
- Hospital Whittier, CA. Intercommunity⋅State of the Art Aesthetic Surgery Options. Community Speaker Event, Presbyterian January, 2011
- Breast Reconstruction Options. Tea for Triumph Breast Cancer Survivors. Brea, CA October, 2010
- Breast Augmentation. Senior Residents Conference Austin, TX Submuscular⋅Schwartz, JS. Outcome Assessment of Breast Distortion Following January, 2009
- by senior author San Diego, CA ASAPS Breast Augmentation. Presented at Submuscular⋅Spear SL, Schwartz JS, Dayan JH, Clemens MW. Outcome Assessment of Breast Distortion Following May, 2008
- Couch KS, Schwartz JS. Use of bi-layered living cell therapy in recalcitrant wound healing. Abstract poster presentation at the Symposium for the Advancement for Wound Care, San Antonio, TX, May 2006.